Oats Chocolate Chips Cookies, served warm with vanilla bean ice cream and some melted chocolate, a perfect mid week treat!!
Skillet cookies, beautifully crisp on the outside, soft & chewy on the inside and served warm with vanilla bean ice cream & melted chocolate drizzled on the top. Simply heaven!!
Our recent trip to NYC during Thanksgiving holidays was amazing, though it was crazy cold but we had an amazing time. We stayed at the Westin, NJ and the view from the 15th floor of our room was to die for. Walking down the streets of Manhattan only to see high risers all around. Shopping at the Times Square was fun, shopping and girls go hand in hand and no trip is complete without it, right?? The beautiful colors of Autumn at The Central Park was another attraction can’t be expressed in words. And then the food, I want wanted to try Chicken over rice, served with pickled veggies and it was heavenly. The food trucks there serve finger licking good food. And then I had a slice of giant chocolate chip cookie topped with ice cream and salted caramel sauce, that was insanely delicious. Skillet Cookie, I had to bake one soon. I’m sure you must have tried before. They are so easy to bake and so delicious.
Okay, so now enough of holidays let’s talk about this Oats Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Skillet!
The best thing about this recipe is you do not need a lots bowls or a fancy mixer. Just two mixing bowls, a hand mixer, few pantry & refrigerator ingredients, a cast iron skillet and you are ready to create magic. Here I used an 8 inch skillet, and had some cookie batter left over which I further used to make drop cookies. Bake in 10 inch skillet and use the entire dough if you like.
So, here I’ve used oats flour for the dough which gives a good texture to the cookies and don’t cut down on the quantity of chocolate chips, that chocolate in every bite is sin.. It is beautifully crisp on the outside and gooey on the inside with chewy edges and full of chocolate. And don’t skip the vanilla bean ice cream and that melted chocolate over warm cookie and lots of spoons to be eaten straight from the pan. Yesterday A & A and their friends literally wiped the skillet clean and not even a crumb left. So I have to make another batch soon for me and VK to enjoy.
Bake them in mini pans for individual portions.
It is ultimate!!
So make the cookie dough, bake and enjoy warm top with ice cream and melted chocolate. So let’s bake, Christmas is here.
Oats Chocolate Chip Cookie in a skillet
· 1 cup All purpose flour
· 1 cup Oats flour
· 1 ½ stick butter at room temperature
· ¾ cup light brown sugar
· ½ cup granulated sugar
· 1 tsp baking powder
· ½ tsp baking soda
· ½ tsp sea salt
· 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
· 2 large eggs at room temperature
· 1 cup bitter sweet chocolate chips
· 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
· Vanilla bean ice cream
· Melted Chocolate
· Salted Caramel (optional)
· Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 8 inch cast iron skillet.
· In a medium bowl whisk together all purpose flour, oats flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Set aside.
· In a large mixing bowl cream the butter till light and fluffy about 2 minutes. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat until well creamed.
· Add one egg at a time and beat until smooth, add in vanilla.
· Next add the dry ingredients to wet and mix using a rubber spatula until just combined.
· Carefully fold in the chocolate chips.
· Transfer the cookie batter onto the prepared skillet and flatten the surface using rubber spatula.
· Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until brown and crisp on the edges but the centre is still gooey.
· Allow to cool for 5 – 10 minutes.
· Top with vanilla ice cream, melted chocolate and enjoy straight from the skillet itself.
Tips : The left over cookie batter can be used to make drop cookies, or simply bake them in mini pans.
Thanks so much